An innovator in high-performance, cost-efficient wind energy technology is SheerWind. Initial field-testing results have been announced which compares INVELOX commercial-grade wind energy generation with the same turbine on a traditional tower-mounted system.
The test results indicate that INVELOX significantly out-performs the traditional turbine and is competitive with natural gas and hydroelectric generation by:
* Producing 600% more electrical energy (kWh)
* Operating at wind speeds as low as 1 mile per hour and in low wind regimes (class 1 and 2)
* Reducing installation capital cost to less that $750 per KW
* Increasing energy production capacity to record high of 72%
They claim costs as low as $10 MWH makes SheerWind a true game-changer in electric power generation that is competitive with natural gas and hydroelectricity.
SheerWind’s INVELOX wind energy system captures the breeze from an above ground portal and funnels the wind through a tapering passageway that naturally accelerates its flow.
This kinetic energy drives the INVELOX generator that operates at ground level. INVELOX has the following advantages:
* Costs less than 1 cent per KWH, making it competitive with natural gas and hydroelectric powered generation
* Requires no government subsidies to be profitable
* Reduces operating cost by 50% of current wind turbine technology
* Minimizes environment, animal, bird and human impact
Lower Costs, Higher Output
INVELOX promises superior power output and reduced generation costs, offering savings of 16% to 38% per megawatt-hour (MWh) produced. An INVELOX installation will cost nearly 7% to 11% less to construct than a traditional wind power setup, and 40% to 45% less for operation and maintenance.
Sheerwind’s simulations, computer models, and first field testing results indicate that INVELOX technology can produce three times more power than a traditional wind turbine. INVELOX brings down wind power generation costs to 2.8 to 4.1¢. per kilowatt hour (kWh).
Less Impact, More Reach
* Reduced land use: INVELOX technology requires a much smaller footprint (90% less than traditional turbine generators). Towers used are shorter and smaller and have no moving parts, meaning lower installation and maintenance costs.
* Superior aesthetics: INVELOX uses a lower profile and a smart design, offering pleasing aesthetics for surrounding communities.
* Less noise: By eliminating the need for massive tower-mounted rotors, INVELOX significantly reduces the high energy and low frequency noise nuisance created by wind farms and eliminates the shadow flicker issue.
* No moving parts: INVELOX has little to no impact on wildlife, including bird migration.
* No radar interference: INVELOX turbines do not interfere with aviation and military radar systems, so they can be installed in areas inaccessible to traditional wind farms.
* Increased geographical possibilities: INVELOX can operate at wind speeds as low as 2 mph (cut-in wind speed), so areas unsuitable for traditional wind farming can be used for power generation.
* Reduced downtime: INVELOX’s enclosed turbine-generator system means less downtime and reduced costs associated with failure and repairs.
* Weather resistance: Because turbines are installed insidethe INVELOX unit, they are not subject to harsh temperature variations or icing.
Via Next Big Future